1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law Overview
  4.  » 
  5. Child Support And Custody
  6.  » Third-Party Custody

Custody For A Grandparent, Another Relative Or Any Nonparent

Whether you are a relative or someone outside the family, if you have taken on a parental role for a child — or you may be ready and willing to do so, you may wonder about legal solutions to confirm your relationship such as:

  • Guardianship
  • Adoption
  • Custody
  • Visitation

Custody or visitation may be an option in certain cases. Family law courts are interested in protecting the best interests of the child. Psychological and emotional bonds between you and the child may be established. If you can prove this to the court and if the child’s parents are unfit or unavailable for any reason, you may be granted custody as a third party.

Once you have obtained custody, you may be able to collect child support from one or both of the biological parents. Walsh Law Firm, P.L.L.C., in Olive Branch, Mississippi, can be a vital source of information and advocacy for you.

Contact An Experienced Attorney To Discuss Third-Party Custody

We want your family to be legally secure. Your call to lawyer Tracy Buster Walsh may be the next best step you take for your family and your future. Contact us by email or call 662-205-6546 or 800-564-5419 (toll free) to request a consultation on your family law matter. You may contact us by email. We pledge to respond promptly.

We accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover cards.